Sunday, November 22, 2009

Give Thanks to God on High

Thanksgiving is 4 days away! And only 3 showers in the community bathroom before I am on my way home =) Since my last post, life has been anything but normal. I posted on a Thursday, and that weekend (the 14-15) Kammerchor went on an overnight trip to Shawano/Green Bay. I, however, did not attend because Saturday morning while getting ready for the trip, I got sick to my stomach while recovering from a very horrible head cold/congestion. I spent almost the entire rest of the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in my bed and room. Although I would have much rather been on the trip, it was very relaxing, and as of now, I am MUCH healthier =)
I have been busy working on papers due Wednesday before break, and was planning to spend most of this weekend working on them, but I found out Friday night that Mom was planning to surprise me for the Christ the King Celebration! (She told me, no one else let the cat out of the bag). Christ the King Celebration is a Kammerchor and Alleluia Ringers concert here at Concordia to mark the end of the church year. I had a wonderful evening with Mom and Grandma last night, followed by church, an interesting Bible Study on Revelation, and brunch with Mom, Grandma, Karen, Jon, Eva, Matt, Elise, Madeline and Carly... Very Fun!
Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Karen came to the concert today (which went over very well I think!) and then we went with Meagan to Culver's for dinner (YUM!)
I'll leave this post with the text from one of the songs we sang today, which I find very fitting for the coming holiday (Thanksgiving) and as we think back on this end of the church year, all those Saints who have gone before us to worship Christ, as our KING!)
Love, C

"Give thanks to God on high for saints of other days,
whose hope it was to live and die in love's consuming blaze,
for Christ and His kingdom, His glory and His praise.

Their vision long-fulfilled, our prayer is still the same:
upon their work of faith to build, their word of truth proclaim,
for Christ and His kingdom, and for His Holy name.

New tasks today are ours who serve a world in pain,
new calls to challenge all our pow'rs of heart and hand and brain,
for Christ and His kingdom, while life and breath remain.

Give thanks to God on high for all the future sends,
in praise of Christ to live and die who calls His servants friends,
for Christ and His kingdom, whose glory never ends!"
-Timothy Dudley-Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment