Saturday, August 14, 2010

Really?

So, I really do not pay much attention to the news and to politics, but the more I hear, the more I feel the need to become involved. Today, my dad told me about how people are pushing to build an Islamic Mosque near Ground Zero, and I know that I really shouldn't comment before delving deeper into the situation, but I need to speak my mind. I fully believe in the freedom of religion, but shouldn't we take sensitivity into account also. If people are not allowed to stand outside of an arab festival in the outskirts of Detroit to hand out Gospel of John pamphlets, peacefully, because it might offend someone, how much greater would the offense of an Islamic Mosque so close to Ground Zero affect not only those who tragically lost loved ones, but also other Americans who mark 9'11 as a loss of innocence, an end to peace, a turning point in American History.

No comments:

Post a Comment