Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Where and Who I Want to Be"

The title of this post is a lyric from one of my favorite songs in the musical, Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Belle realizes that who she has become is who she wants to be, and that living with the Beast isn't so bad at all.
This phrase "where and who I want to be" reminds me of all the times I want to escape and be someone completely different only to discover that all along, I've had everything I need and am exactly in the place (physically or metaphorically) that I am supposed to be.
Just thought I'd share a few of my sentiments at the end of a busy summer, and state that I have decided to try to blog, if only a few sentences, every day in the next year (unless of course, I have limited access to a computer/the internet).
So my summer update
May: wrapped up 09-10 year at CUW with finals, audition for music department, and graduation. Began May-term Lutheran Confessions class and Multicultural clinicals at Hope the next monday. Lived w/ Grandma
June: finished summer school. Returned home. Began work at First Class Chirstian Childcare. Trip to South Padre Island w/ Family abruptly ended by Hurrican Alex.
July:Spend Dad's 50th Birthday in Houston due to "Alex" evacuation. Continued working. Played organ for Zion service for the first time Aunt Christa, Lauren, Sarah, and Skylar visit.
August: Take Sarah and Skylar to visit her in-laws in Wisconsin. We visit our family in Wisconsin. Return Sarah and Skylar to Aunt Christa and Lauren in Joplin. Visit Peter and Emily in KC. Will Continue working for 7 more days. Return to WI on 23rd. Start classes 30th.

Well, there's my summer update. Will hopefully be updating again soon. Sorry to those of you who's blogger accounts I'll be filling with my daily updates.
Love, Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment