Monday, September 7, 2009

Real Fine Place to Start

Well, I am done with my first week of college, and am nearing the end of my three-day weekend, a lovely weekend, I might add. My classes are going well, even though somes days are pretty full and lengthy. This weekend was by far the highlight of my week though. On Friday, Jon drove up to Mequon, and we met up with many family members for Adam and Nicole's wedding reception. Saturday, we were privileged to use Aunt Karen's Brewers tickets to see the game from very great seats (despite a 3-2 loss, still a fun time!) That evening, we went to Lisa and Al's for some of Grandma's pork chops, and a very enjoyable meal. Sunday, we went to early church with Grandma, and brunch with Aunt Karen, Uncle Jon, the Krugs, the Lorenz's and Grandma. Later that day, we toured the Miller brewery and went over to the Krugs again for some play time with the kids, ice cream, and a couple hours of talk with Lisa and Al. Oh, for dinner Sunday, we had the famous "Grandma" meal.. pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, and a lettuce salad... DELICIOUS!!! Today, Jon and I caught up with Lisa, Elise, and the kids at park, and then came back to Mequon. As I type this, he is on his way back home, and we are all getting settled again at school. Hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed the weekend! Love, C

Jon and I at the Brewers Game

The Sausage Race... the brat won!

Eva trying on Jon's shoes (she had done this at Graduation as well)

Maddie driving the car after brunch at Maxim's


Jon and I just chilling at Grandma's

2 comments:

  1. YAY! a college Christa blog! Hope you don't mind another "fan". Glad to hear it's going well so far and that you are loving college!
    I miss you guys SO much this year... starting all over with a new bunch of seniors is always so hard! I will tune in every now and then here to see your successes... but know that I am praying for you and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete